Monday, June 15, 2009

The Coop is Coming...the Coop is Coming!


We finally decided the easiest (and quickest) way to get the coop built is to order a shed and then add in the access door, ramp, roosts and nest boxes ourselves. We will also build the pen. We decided on the 8x8 Explorer from Five Star Industries. We ordered our first shed from them a couple years ago and were very happy with the speed and quality of the construction. In fact, the shed will be built this coming Wednesday! It's about time we got moving on this as the chicks are getting really big. Saturday morning I uncovered the brooder to change the water and fill the feeder. When I got back with the fresh water - a chick was out and about again. I can't turn my back on them or they are up and out of the brooder. I really don't want to be chasing chickens around our the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment